Saturday, May 26, 2007

What a wonderful time I had in the United Kingdom! There is something to be said for spending your time with someone you've known most of your life and love. The trip was fantastic. The country is both beautiful and awful. Never have I come across so many rude people before. Honestly. I was uncomfortable just buying a package of gum - really inconveniencing the staff in the store. Weird. There were a lot of positives though. One being that I finally got my nose pierced after thinking about it for about 15 years now. Why did I wait so long?! I'm not sure. I am extremely pleased with it though and the memory of Pam and I being in the Soho district of London on that sunny day, looking for a piercing studio is now etched on my face. How great is that?!

Pam has spent over a year in UK and I don't know how. Opposite land that it is, she ploughed through each and every hurdle and managed to have a decent time there. Yay Pam! I'm so proud of you huney.

I must say that as great as it is to leave home, it is always a pleasure to return. I do (for the most part) enjoy the bubble which I live in and the family certainly appreciated me in my absence. Every woman should do this. Go away and then come back. I highly recommend it to all!

Now it would seem that I have the travel bug still in me (I must have caught it from you Pam). In two weeks' time I'm going to Calgary to visit with my dear friend Bobbie. I'm going to do some painting in her home and we'll stay in our pajamas for days and days, drinking coffee and laughing until we pee in our pants - she's my best friend and I can't wait to be in her kitchen again. Eight days is what I can squeeze this time. We'll use up every minute wisely.

With my second trip within two months it is worth a mention that I appreciate my husband. I don't know of many men who would truly be alright with this going away often business. I'm thankful for lots of things in my life and Carl is another one. Thanks!

Pam is now if Africa again. Sigh. I've given that lady a time limit on her trip and am using her possessions (which we're storing for her) as leverage. She is always in my heart and my mind and I am pleased that she liquidated her stuff and bailed from UK. I really really am. Plus, oddly enough, Africa I'm alright with. She will be amongst familiar faces and many many more smiles during her months there then she ever was witness to in the land of the brits. Be well huney.

So women.....book your flights. Start blogging. Let's share!

1 comment:

Ivannah Blog said...

I am so glad that you were able to spend that time with me in UCK. It meant the world to me to have someone that knows me - as you do - and to provide that (Dr. Phran) perspective.

I'm waaaay better off here in Cape Maclear, Malawi than I was there. How funny is that?!

Thank you for being so supportive of my crazy adventures. Never doubt that you are with me every step of the way.

Loads of love
P xoxo