Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I will be travelling abroad next month. And I still can't believe that I just said that sentence. This is huge for me. It is taking all I have not to shout those words, using bold, upper case, underline and a larger font size. I'm trying to keep it low key for those of you who may be thinking ... "so, big deal".

My extremely generous sister has offered me the opportunity to visit her in the United Kingdom. It feels like the past 10 Christmases have landed in my lap and I must be good and sleep or else the fat man will not deliver the goods. An odd feeling for one in her forties.

The whole passport experience has been one equivalent to birthing stories. Once you mention the word "passport" people feel obliged to share heart rendering stories of pain, suffering and sacrifices which they have experienced. While waiting in the line-up this last time I was tempted to shove my fingers in my ears and repeat "la la la" over and over to make them stop. Honestly.

My story has a happy ending in that I will be picking up my passport two days before my departure. Really really. The nice man said that it was guaranteed and I believe him. I have to.

Now I will get all of my jobs done and call Pam before my departure to get my list of what I should bring. Then I'll pack. Then, I'll be going abroad. Next month. I'm counting the sleeps already.

Hands down huney....you are my favourite!!!

1 comment:

Ivannah Blog said...

yay!! you were able to blog?! even after i killed your laptop?! has your computer decided to finally let you join the blogging world?

how cool is that?

so looking fwd to having you here - what has been considered - my fake home for the past year.

love you loads and loads!!
P xox