As we approach the end of March Break I honestly can't remember how I spent my days home from school while on the farm. Perhaps most days were spent back in the bush (in fair weather) or at the end of the driveway, playing in the township's largest puddle ever. That puddle and I were best buds for many years.
Now that I'm a practising Mom, I have mixed emotions about "staying home days". No longer can you let your child(ren) freely roam, alone, within a 5 acre radius of your home. Puddles are still alright with my 7 year old but, the 11 year old girl doesn't find puddles to be fun anylonger. There is a certain amount of guilt involved with parenting and keeping the offspring entertained is a tricky matter indeed.
Suffice to say that we've been experiencing a chillin' atmosphere in our home this week. One of waking up, staying in pajamas as long as possible, watching television until ones' I.Q. has been taken down a notch then, diving into what we "have" to do for the day. Yes, we did spend a day shopping in Ottawa which I'm happy to say was a delightful experience for all.
I raise my glass to other work-from-home parents who are/may be enduring March Break in their homes as well. I even feel for the offspringless souls out there just trying to do a quick dash into a drugstore or such to be faced with high numbers of short people in their paths.
Starting next week....I'll begin MY break!
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment